Selling a home requires preparation and commitment, an understanding of the current market trends and a an expert partner who will work with you to get the best possible price for your home, in the shortest amount of time, with the most qualified buyers. The DAN Group can bring it’s vast experience to help you navigate all the ups and downs of selling your home.
Invite Us In To See Your House
- The first time we come thru, we will sit down and talk with you to determine what your timetable and special needs are in selling your house.
- We will walk around the house with you taking notes and pictures.
- We will return with a marketing plan customized for your home. We will also go over the current market trends.
- We will start giving you weekly updates on the market activity in your area and town. As the information becomes available, we will update you on properties that directly affect the marketing of your house.
Preparing Your House for the Market
- We will help you “stage” your house so that your home will appeal the most buyers.
- We will give you ideas on what is most important to take care of (like making obvious repairs or painting if needed).
- so that you get the highest price in the shortest time.
- We will advise you on whether or not you will need to “unclutter” rooms and closets. Buyers understand packed boxes.
- We will have an architect come in to draw a floor plan
- We will provide you with a monthly schedule of open houses
Your House Is On the Market…Dos and Don’ts
- If you smoke, don’t smoke in the house now.
- Don’t cook smelly foods.
- Neatly make all the beds.
- Make sure all the light bulbs are working. In the winter leave lights on when you leave.
- It is best to be out of the house when it is being shown.
- Try not to answer questions, refer the questions to us.
- We will give you daily updates on market activity that directly impacts your house
- We will continue with the weekly market activity reports
- We will give you reports of the showing activity via the lockbox
You Get an Offer
- It is best to let the buyer’s agent present the offer in person.
- Every offer is different, we will collect all offers and devise a strategy before we give a counter.
We Have a Meeting of the Minds
- We go into attorney review. Remember…both the buyer and seller can back out of the contract during this period. It is important to hire an attorney who specializes in real estate.
- You will need to be out of the house during the home inspection. The buyer’s agent will be there with the buyers. If there are any issues, we will help you work thru getting estimates and the negotiating.
- We will check to make sure that all the contingencies, second deposit, mortgage commitment, and home inspection issues, are met in a timely manner.
- The bank appraiser will come out to make sure that the bank is making a good loan.
- About a month before the closing, you will need to apply for your town required Certificate of Habitability. This could be as little as a Smoke Detector, Carbon Detector and Fire Extinguisher certificate to a full blown town inspection. Some towns only require one inspection; some towns require two or more inspections.
- A week before the closing, order your final water meter reading and final gas and electric meter readings. DO NOT SHUT OFF THE SERVICE.
- Put all the available manuals, keys and garage door openers in a drawer.
- After all of your furniture is out, you will need to “broom clean” your house.